Living as a Mod in the 21st Century

Friday, March 22, 2013

Vespas, Lambrettas and more at the High Rollers Weekend in Las Vegas


Bringing my Vespa or Lambretta to the High Rollers Weekend in Las Vegas would have been hard to do. So all I got instead was major scooter envy. Even if I didn't get to tag along on any of the rides, I did get an eye full of gleaming scooters. You won't do much reading in the post! It's all about the scooters! So feast your eyes on these my friends! Welcome to the Mod Life!


What a beautiful sight from my hotel room at the Plaza when I woke up on Saturday morning.


Down 15 floors and out the door, here are some of the best looking Mod scooters on the West Coast. Tanks full, chrome polished and ready for the Saturday ride to the desert.

Lambretta Li150 Series II

Lambretta SX200


Vespa SS180
Vespa GS











The Sunday afternoon shenanigans were held at the Arts Factory Bar, accross from another cool watering hole called the Artifice.


It was the perfect venue with its large terrace. We had plenty of space to hold the gymkhana, have the raffle, set up a few top notch vendors and get a little dance floor going with DJ Kirk and myself.





This is what you look like when you drive around in a beer keg.
Want more of Vegas? Stay tuned! Next post: A Mod shopping guide to Las Vegas.

2 comments:

  1. The silver VBB and White & Silver SX200. Nice Shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see that all around the world people love vintage scooters and join for events like this. I take the SS180! Thanks for the post! Claudia

    ReplyDelete